Tuesday, August 9, 2011

M.A.C Pro Performance Sponge


Cost:$18
Color: Pink
Availability: This is a permanent product
Packaging: A simple zip-lock black/clear view plastic bag

Description: This is Mac's first Pro Performance Sponge A high performance, ergonomically designed latex free sponge with a pointed tip that allows you to apply and blend makeup in even the hardest-to-reach areas of the face.

My Thoughts and Reviews: I have been eye balling this little beauty for a minute at my counter and finally it has a new home in my personal makeup kit :). So move over M.A.C #187 theres a new beauty tool in town thats taking over the M.A.C Pro Performance Sponge. Alot people are trying to compare it to the Beauty Blender and the Sonia Kashuk beauty blender. I dont own the Beauty Blender but I do own the Sonia Kashuk beauty blender. And in my personal/professional opinion and experience they are not alike and they both perform differently.

For me I find that the best way to use the Performance Sponge in my opinion is wet/damp. Before applying my foundation of choice I spray the sponge a few times with Fix + spray. I find using this method works better and makes the application process more flawless with a airbrush like finish . However, I do not like to use this sponge with cream products or anything heavy in a cream like form only liquid foundations and concealers. For heavy cream products I prefer to use my Alcon cosmetic sponge on myself or clients. I also notice that now I have to use 1 1/2 pumps of my liquid foundation when using this sponge. Which is fine because i love the over all performance and results it delivers when using my Studio Fix Fluid (a full coverage foundation) it looks as if I hardly have any foundation on my skin so you know this is a 5 star for me.....

Overall: This baby is a "WINNER" I do plan to repurchase at lease two more for my kit. And yes I recommend this pretty girl shes a must have hands down. Until next time my lovelies happy shopping!

~Stay Pretty~

No comments:

Post a Comment